Natural Dyes and Pigments Conference (NDPC)
Articles of the Organization
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 Name
1) The name of this organization shall be Ten-nen Senryo Ganryo Kaigi.
2) The name of this organization shall be Natural Dyes and Pigments Conference in English, and may be abbreviated as NDPC.
Article 2 Head office
The Head office of this organization shall be located at 5-8-207 Minami Ichi-jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo.
Chapter 2 Objectives and Activities
Article 3 Objectives
The objectives of this organization shall be to (a) deliberate on environmental issues; (b) research and develop natural dyes and pigments which are returnable to the earth and thus have minimum impact on the environment; and (c) promote the use of such dyes and pigments to the society at large.
Article 4 Activities
This organization shall perform the following activities to achieve the objectives defined in
the preceding article:
1) Hold academic conferences, forums, and scheduled classes;
2) Research and develop natural dyes and pigments;
3) Implement related educational and promotional activities to the society at large;
4) Foster, train, and promote activities of instructors;
5) Issue newsletters and other publications;
6) Collaborate and build alliance with related organizations nationwide.
7) Cooperate with and support the activities of other organizations and regions which share similar objectives;
8) Conduct other activities necessary for the achievement of the objectives of this organization.
Article 5 Membership
Members of this organization shall constitute the following two categories:
1) Individuals who are enrolled in this
organization upon agreement with its objectives shall be considered Regular Members.
2) Individuals who are enrolled in this organization by their deeds of support or individuals and corporations who support the activities of this organization shall be considered Supporting Members.
Article 6 Membership Enrollment
Those who wish to be enrolled in the NDPC are required to notify such intention to the Chairperson as specified in the supplemental document and their membership must be approved by the Board of Directors.
Article 7 Membership Fees
1) Each member is obliged to pay an enrollment
fee and an annual membership fee as defined in the supplemental document.
2) Membership fees may be exempted as specified in the supplemental document.
Enrollment fees, annual membership fees, and supporting membership fees or deeds may not be returned under any circumstances.
Article 8 Regular Member Privileges
Regular Members shall be granted with the following privileges, however, as defined in the supplemental document, such privileges will be restricted in the event that the membership fee payment is outstanding.
Regular Members may:
1) become a representative to form the General
Assembly of this organization;
2) participate in academic conferences held by this organization;
3) submit articles to newsletters and websites issued by this organization; and
4) subscribe to newsletters issued by this organization.
Article 9 Forfeiture of Membership
Membership shall be forfeited if one of the following conditions applies to a member:
1) Voluntary withdrawal from membership of
2) In the event of death or officially confirmed disappearance, or when the organization of which he/she is a member is dissolved; or,
3) Dismissal from this organization.
Article 10 Membership Withdrawal
Members may voluntarily withdraw from membership by notifying the Chairperson of such intention.
Article 11 Dismissal
If one of the following applies to a member, the Chairperson may dismiss him/her from this organization as defined in the supplemental document:
1) When there is an act of damage to the honor
or, of infringement on the objectives of this organization;
2) When a regulation of this organization or decision of the Executive Board is violated; or
3) When a fee is delinquent for two or more years.
Chapter 4 Board Members and Officers
Article 12 Board Members
This organization shall have the following officers:
1) A designated number of Directors
(including one Chairperson and one Vice Chairperson), and
2) A designated number of Trustees.
Article 13 Appointment of Board Members
1) Directors and Trustees shall be
appointed through the General Assembly.
2) A Chairperson and a Vice Chairperson shall be chosen among the members of the Board.
3) Directors and Trustees may not concurrently occupy posts of appointment.
Article 14 Duties of Chairperson
1) The Chairperson shall officially represent
2) The Vice Chairperson shall assist the duties of the Chairperson and assume his/her duties in the event that he/she is unable to perform the duty.
Article 15 Duties of Directors
Directors shall constitute the Board of Directors, conduct duties for the operation of this organization, and establish and enforce particulars regarding the implementation of NDPC regulations.
Article 16 Duty Terms of Officers
1) Duty terms of officers shall be for two
years; however, reelection shall be permitted.
2) Officers shall implement duties until the successor accedes to the post, even subsequent to the termination of his/her term.
Article 17 NDPC Representatives
Members who wish to become representatives of the organization may do so by declaring such intention to the Chairperson according to the prescriptions of the supplemental document before the subsequent fiscal year.
Article 18: Duties of Representative
Representatives shall be required to actively participate in the administration of this organization.
Article 19: Duty Term of Representatives
The duty term of representatives shall be for two years; however, reelection shall be permitted.
Article 20 Number of Representatives
The number of representatives shall be as prescribed in the supplemental document.
Article 21 Advisors
1) The Board of Directors may appoint
Advisors from within the committee when deemed necessary.
2) The Advisors may attend Board Meetings and may submit opinions concerning the administration; however, they shall not participate in decision-making.
Article 22 Secretariat
1) The Secretariat shall be under the immediate
direction of the Board of Directors and allocate duties according to its
2) A designated number of Secretaries shall be appointed by the Board of Directors from among Regular or Supporting members; and
3) One General Secretary shall be appointed among those Secretaries
Chapter 5 NDPC Meetings
Article 23 Form of Meetings
Meetings of this
organization shall be held in the form of General Assembly and Board Meetings.
2) The General Assembly shall be composed of representatives.
3) Board Meetings shall be composed of Directors and Trustees.
Article 24 General Assembly
General Assembly shall be held once per year.@
2)Special Meetings shall convene when deemed necessary through the Board Meetings.
3) General Assembly shall convene at the request of the Chairperson.
Article 25 Items to be determined by the General Assembly
The items to be determined by the General Assembly shall be as follows:
1) The appointment of Directors
2) The appointment of Trustees
3) Reporting of activities and finances
4) Proposals of projects and budgets
5) The amendment of the Regulations
6) The dismissal of members
Article 26 Quorum for General Assembly and Specifics
1) General Assembly shall not be held
unless one-half of the representatives are present, including the presence through
2) Decisions shall be made through a one-half majority vote of the quorum, with the allowance of proxy voting.
Article 27 Board Meetings
1) Board Meetings shall convene at the
request of the Chairperson.
2) Quorum for the Board Meetings and its specifics shall follow those of the General Assembly
Chapter 6 Administration
Article 28 Assets
Assets of this organization shall be gained through such means as general membership fees, donations, and from the proceeds of activities conducted by this organization.
Article 29 Asset Management
Assets shall be administered by the Chairperson according to decisions made by the Board of Directors.
Article 30 Fiscal Year
The fiscal year shall commence on the first of April and conclude on the 31st of March the following year.
Article 31 Dissolution
This organization may not be dissolved unless approved by a three-fourths majority by the presiding directors and participating members.
Article 32 Subsidiary Provisions
Particulars regarding implementation of these articles shall be defined in the supplemental documents in accordance with the Board Meetings decisions/ or rulings.
Chapter 7 Supplementary Provisions
1) Membership, privileges and obligations
of the former Japan Plant Dye
Conference shall be succeeded to this organization.
2) Notwithstanding the provisions of Article or Article , the founding directors and representatives of this organization shall be as specified in the supplemental documents.
3) Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 17, the duty term of founding directors shall conclude on the day of General Assembly in the year 2004.
4) These articles shall take effect from (month/day, year.)
Satoshi Ushida, Professor, Mukogawa Womenfs University
Izumi Fumoto, President of Colors & Dyeing Club in the Nagoya/Osaka area
Takako Terada, Associate Professor, Kwassui Womenes College
Kazuki Yamazaki, Director of Kusaki Craft Studio
Hisako Sumi, Chairperson of NPO Earthnetwork